Stuck indoors on a boring weekend? Here is a delicious pick-me-up dessert that’s on the healthier side of snacking and desserts. Gather the ingredients because we’re cooking up some good old banana bread!
3 medium/large ripe bananas (mashed)
½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
3 eggs at room temperature
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. melted & cooled coconut oil
Dash of vanilla extract
⅓ cup + 2 tbsps. quinoa flour
½ tsp. of baking powder
Sprinkle of cinnamon
½ cup of dark chocolate chips
• Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit or 177 degree Celsius and keep your loaf pan ready with a baking sheet.
• Add your wet ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
• Once mixed, start adding the dry ingredients and combine till smooth.
• Next, fold in pieces of decadent dark chocolate chips into the mixture.
• Pour your mixture into the lined pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or till the ends turn a beautiful golden colour.
• Remove, let it cool and serve it plain, with extra chocolate chips or your favourite toppings.
Tip: You can store this delicious banana bread in the fridge for a week or you can freeze it for longevity!
Fresh, satiating and full of the right kind of energy; you know what recipe to look up the next time you’re craving some healthy dessert. Happy baking!