At The Butternut Co. we love Holi. People come together with great food and good vibes to spread some love and colour. Today we’re sharing one of our favourite Holi recipes with you. It’s nutty, it’s delicious and is befitted to accompany a tall glass of Thandai.
- Almond Flour – 1/2 cup
- Pitted Dates – 1/2 cup
- Honey 1/2 cup
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil or Ghee – 1 tsp
- Almond butter 3/4 cup
- Sliced Almonds (optional)
- Grease a plate or a board with little ghee.
- Make a paste of the dates in a food processor. Heat a wok, add honey, sugar and 2 tbsp of water.
- Keep stirring on low flame and bring to a boil.
- Add the almond flour and ghee in the syrup and keep stirring till it forms a dough like consistency
- Switch off the flame, when it’s still warm, add the dates and knead the dough till it’s well combined.
- Flatten onto a tray and press with butter paper until thin. Cut to make pieces. Add sliced options at this stage if desired.
- Cool down and store it in an airtight container.
While you’re gearing up to run through a whirlwind of organic colour this Holi; make sure to keep a batch of healthy, home-made Almond Butter Barfi ready. These can come super handy as an all-natural energy booster snack after your Holi party!